Thursday 8 May 2008

Response to Susan Heeleys drugs blog.

http://susanheeley.blogspot.com/

I find what you said about your work experience in a pharmacy very interesting. I do agree with your opposing views on handing out needles which would help an addict to take drugs however it does prevent the spread of HIV. I think drugs are something that will alwyas be present in society know matter how many bad stories are published in the press such as the stories related to Amy Winehouse that you have mentioned. Only yesterday she was arrested again for the possession of drugs even though she had her stint in rehab (by the way how ironic is her song). It is too easy nowadays to get hold of drugs. As long as they are around, there will always be addicts. Although I suppose it is some comfort to see that some people are doing it in a safe way by collecting clean needles and methodone as you mentioned from the pharmacy you worked at. It's better than nothing I suppose.

No comments: