Monday 28 April 2008

Drugs

The issue of drugs is one I take seriously. I have had a lot of experience with drugs as a member of my family used to be involved with people who did and dealt drugs and started taking them himself.

The whole experience was enough to put me off drugs for life as I saw first hand what they did. He became paranoid, distant and was constantly getting into trouble.

I understand people want to take drugs for the buzz or to have fun or to even block things out but in the long term it never helps.

Illegal drugs I definately don't agree with and I think there should be bigger punishments and crack downs (no pun intended)

However, research has proven that the biggest killers and danger to health are alcohol and cigarettes. Binge drinking is a big killer in the UK but is legal over the age of 18 so is there anyway to resolve it?

More is being done now to highlight the dangers of smoking and alchohol with advertisements and warning labels on packaging so it is the individuals choice as to whether they drink or smoke.
Unfortunately illegal drugs do not come with a warning label or packaging but again more is done nowadays to highlight the effects or drugs such as adverts and companies like "talk to frank". http://www.talktofrank.com/home_html.aspx

Drugs are a risky issue for some people and everyone has different views on them whether they take them, agree with them or disagree,

Anyone got any views they'd like to share?

No comments: